Saxenda® is a once-daily injectable medicine that comes in a pre-filled ‘dial-a-dose’ pen. The pen has a small needle which injects the medication just under the skin when you depress the end. As you’ll see in the graphic, the dose starts quite small and is gradually increased to 3mg per day.
Once you receive a little guidance from Dr Leanne on how and where to inject, you can simply self-inject your medicine each day at a convenient time, with or without food.
If you believe you are a suitable candidate, the first step is to make an appointment with Ashley Aesthetics’ GP – Dr Leanne Ashley. During your initial 1 hour consult, Dr Leanne will ask a great many questions so that she can take an holistic view of your overall health.
If Saxenda is suitable for you, Dr Leanne will prepare a tailored approach for your diet and exercise. You will take away your Saxenda® kit with injecting pens, further supporting information, and a couple of doses of Saxenda® to start you off.
Here’s how the treatment programme is run:
- Initial 1hr consult is $500 and includes your first two pens worth $100 each.
- After 1 month: a 30 minute $150 follow up consult to see how you are going, and collect more pens ($500).
- After 2 months: a no charge weight check in, and collect more pens ($500).
- After 3 months: a no charge weight check in, and collect more pens ($500).
- After 4 months: a 30 minute $150 follow up consult to see how you have done.